janeanne

Jane's reviews

Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires, Book 1)

Glass Houses - Rachel Caine Umm I really don’t know what to make of this book……..it wasn’t bad, but was it good???

It’s kind of hard to understand why a seemingly exceptionally bright, ahead of her years student, would literally risk her life to go to a mediocre college just to prove to her to parents she is mature enough to go to her chosen college hundreds of miles away from home.(a bit immature if you ask me!!) What ‘mature’ intelligent person would not realise no amount of learning is worth dying for? It just didn’t make sense!

I’m pretty sure getting knocked unconscious by some psycho bitch pushing me down the stairs would have me running for home, but just in case that failed watching my new room mate fade into thin air at dawn would be sure to have done the trick let alone finding out the town was run by evil vampires……..perhaps I’m just not educated enough to have lost my common sense yet!!

On saying that I liked the ‘oddly’ easy feel there was to this book, it was the writing style I think, it kind of felt like it was written almost tongue in cheek, but not… if you can understand what I mean!….it’s strange, I sort of feel like Rachel Caine doesn’t take herself too seriously and maybe that’s what I like about it.

This introduction into Morganville was pretty slow on the story front until the last quarter of the book when it picked up speed for the final showdown; but has been good at setting the scene and developing the characters for what will hopefully be a really interesting and enjoyable series. We were left with a cliff hanger even this particular story was wrapped up for us.