janeanne

Jane's reviews

Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed  - E.L. James Strictly over 18’s

Oh my, how I’ve struggled to write my review on this book! That’s partly because once its written it means my time with fifty and all his ‘fucked up-ness’ is over and I don’t want it to be; and partly its because I can’t find the words to describe just how attached to this whole series I am!

So here goes, it’s three days since I finished reading and I’ve had the chance to think about the story, clear my mind and just feel what I feel about it……….and I have to say I loved it!!! I loved the e-mails, the ‘kinky fuckery’ the danger, the happy times and the sad times….. I loved the bonus material at the end, the sad young Christian and then his POV of his early meetings with Ana. Infact I loved it all!!……….Yep I would buy all three books from his POV just to get my fifty fix should ELJ ever decide to write them!!!!

There were moments in ‘freed’ where Christian really got on my nerves, (there were parts in FSoG & FSD where he got on my nerves too but hey it’s his FS of FU that makes us like him isn’t it!!!!) I’d hoped he’d gotten over his need to completely control Ana in EVERY aspect of her life but his over the top out burst to her drinking with Kate was so typical of the earlier fifty that I felt he’d taken one hundred steps back and made no progress at all. I was so disappointed with his reaction to Ana’s ‘big’ news that I wanted to handcuff ‘him’ and slap his arse, but then he’d probably enjoy that………and I didn’t want him pleased I wanted him punished…..for real!!!

The conclusion was a fitting end for a brilliant trilogy, I didn’t want it to end at all TBH but it had to and I’m happy with the way it did. I am so sad that its over, I just can’t imagine my life without Grey and know I will revisit him often. Finding a series that I love as much as this is going to be very difficult.

I got my kindlegraph …… Thank you Ms. James