janeanne

Jane's reviews

Deadly Reckoning (Harlequin Romantic Suspense Series #1698)

Deadly Reckoning - Elle James Deadly Reckoning by Elle James

This was a typical romance novel with the angst and the reluctance in the beginning and the HEA at the end. It was an intrigue so we had him as the sheriff and her as the artist whose life was under threat from a psycho stalker killer. I do like the knight in shining armour, the man who protects his woman and all that but boy did she frustrate me. I never quite understand why these women have to be written so ‘dumb’.

There’s a killer in town, he’s followed you here and you’re staying in a cottage on a cliff just out side of town. It’s isolated and the weather is shitty, fog rolling in from the sea making it impossible to see more than 12” in front of your face. The sheriff moves you into a local B&B where you’ll be in town and safe while he goes off to get info on a suspect………….So what do you do? Well if you’re normal you will stay put., be pleased that the people around you will prevent the killer from trying to strangle you for the 4th time, and this time probably succeed……Not if you’re this character, you will have the sudden urge to go back to the cottage and paint a picture……you will not be able to wait until tomoz and of course you’ll be on your own …… aarrggghhh. It just really infuriates me because it wouldn’t happen, most women are just not that stupid.

Anyway I’m sure you can guess the outcome without either reading it or me telling you and it is an ok read if you don’t mind really really annoying lead female characters!