janeanne

Jane's reviews

Transformed

Transformed - Debbie Kump Transformed by Debbie Kump

4.5 Stars

Transformed tells the story of Jessica Davis, a 13 year old girl who suddenly finds herself thrown into a world she had only believed existed in stories. One morning she wakes up with perfect eyesight and her body full of feathers and she is totally confused by the whole situation. Her mum soon explains to her that this is a genetic trait and she should be proud that it has been passed down to her, the only thing left for her to do now is move away to a special school where she will learn how to control her new shape-shifting abilities.

I really enjoyed this story, it was well written and edited, the plot was steadily paced and gripping, it does however lack individuality, there are many similar stories on the market at the moment. The target audience is the 10-14 age range and I feel this book is ideal for that group.

As I am not the intended audience it is not a book I would have chosen for myself, it lacks the ‘edge’ that I, as an adult enjoy to read, but I have no doubt that my teenage daughters will find the book to be a worthwhile and fulfilling read.

I really wanted to rate this book 5 stars because it was perfect for the intended audience, but the story is not unique therefore I have reduced it by .5 as per my usual rating system.

Copy supplied for review