janeanne

Jane's reviews

Escape: A New Life (Volume 1)

Escape: A New Life - David J Antocci
4 Stars

Think ‘Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind’ mixed with ‘The Truman Show’ and crossed with ‘The Hunger Games’ blend them all together with a tweak here and a tuck there and the end product is Escape A New Life!

Abby and Eric both wake up next to each other, neither one knows where they are, how they got there or who the other is. They soon discover they are on an island and they are not alone. It doesn’t take long for them to realise the natives are anything but welcoming turning their lives into a survival exercise with one goal, to escape.

Escape is and unusual story and had me just as confused as the characters about their situation. I learnt alongside them what was going on and how they ended up in this predicament and it was an interesting ride. Watching Abby as she discovered she had skills she wasn’t aware of while she realised how good she was at surviving in the wild, and the interaction between her and Eric as they both get to know these versions of themselves.

This was a great read with bits of everything to keep you turning the pages, I found the ending a little weak, or maybe rushed, I’m not sure what I mean by that but it just felt like it needed more to convince me, to make it believable if you know what I mean.

Copy supplied for review