janeanne

Jane's reviews

Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)

Forged in Fire - Trish McCallan Zane winters has an uncanny way of knowing when his team mates are in danger, his ‘premonitions’ are so accurate they never doubt him and believe that Zane is psychic. When the men are approached in the departure lounge by a woman claiming to have ‘dreamed’ their deaths on the flight they are about to board, they don’t take much convincing that it ‘is’ going to happen. They take immediate steps to ground the flight but it soon becomes clear that key personnel within the FBI are compromised and they don’t know who they can trust.

Recently I have been really impressed with the quality of writing by new authors it’s almost like a new wave of talent has suddenly spilled onto the market and in my opinion Trish McCallan is one of those authors. I downloaded this book free from Amazon and really wasn’t expecting it to be so good.

This story got me on the first page and kept me enjoying right to the very end. There were a couple of ‘groan worthy’ moments in the plot, like Zane’s superpower to sense his ‘soul mate’ and the way it all happened in a day but overall it was a really entertaining suspense/intrigue/thriller romance.

I liked all the characters, the men were tough but sensitive, and obviously ‘hot’!!
The women were strong but feminine and not whiney females. I’m a sucker for romance and knights in shining armour so this story was right up my street. It did leave us on a cliff hanger (which I hate) but I am becoming more tolerant of authors with this annoying trait!!!

I can’t wait for the next book, ‘Forged in Ice’ (Cosky’s story)and hope it is released soon.