janeanne

Jane's reviews

The Sidekick Chronicles (Gryphon, #2.5) - Stacey Rourke 4.5 Stars

As its title suggests this is about the sidekicks in Stacey Rourkes ‘Gryphon series’. The novella is a spin-off/filler and is a must read for all fans. It gives us a witty account of ‘a day in the life’ of Kendall, Gabe and Grams and sets up the scene for the next instalment ‘Sacrifice’. I like novella’s because I can finish the read in one sitting! I don’t like novella’s because I can finish the read in one sitting!! Though this was a complete ‘episode’ I was left itching to read on, I wasn’t quite prepared to let the characters go and I eagerly await release day for the next book.

Stacey didn’t skimp while writing, she clearly paid as much attention to this story as she does with her full length novels. There were some very funny scenes with Kendall and a swan that had me literally laughing out loud. Grams is as crazy as ever and Gabe, ah well Gabe is something else altogether.

This is not a stand-alone book, you really need to have met the characters in the previous books to take full advantage and truly understand the what’s and why’s. It is not an essential read to the series but anyone who has read them will not want to miss this novella and insight into the personalities of the Garret family.