janeanne

Jane's reviews

Fire and Ice (Book of Shadows, #1)

My name is Pikachu - Matthew Figglepants 4 Stars

Knowing since childhood that he was a warlock, Vance has been on the run from his psychopathic father for years. Never being able to settle into a new life or make friends, always being prepared to leave at a moments notice when his father gets too close. That’s until he meets Portia. She is a young witch but doesn’t know it, her parents have decided to keep her magical abilities a secret from her until she comes into her powers at sixteen but from the moment he saw her, Vance felt the connection. He knew she was his soul mate and didn’t want to leave her.

I haven’t read ‘The Trouble With Spells’ but I would really like to because apparently it’s the same story but from a different point of view, a very common thing for writers to do these days and a trend that I have to say, I am a fan of, especially if the book is good and the characters are likable, as in this case.

The story is a paranormal romance and for a change written from the male’s POV, though we can also get to see the world from Portia’s POV too, which was an interesting touch. The story flows well and it was easy to fall into this world and believe everything that was happening. I enjoyed it and have added more Lucy Weatherford books to my TBR pile starting with ‘The Trouble With Spells’.

Copy supplied for review