janeanne

Jane's reviews

Snow Bound (More than Magic, #2)

Snow Bound (More than Magic, #2) - Elizabeth Kirke

Snowbound Elizabeth Kirke

4 Stars

After five months apart from the group, Jen meets up with the gang for a fun skiing trip, but it soon turns troublesome when Jen’s human friend Shannon arrives to stay with them. Things are further complicated when TS smells another werewolf close by and they soon realise he has a human with him. The problem with involving humans is that they are not allowed to know about magic without permission. In an attempt to hide their abilities, cracks appear and mistakes are made. An argument ends with TS getting injured resulting in Thomas being weakened because of their bond, causing him to make a rash decision.

When I read the first book in this series the one thing I found interesting was the inclusion of a variety of ‘magical species’. It’s unusual to have so many all on the same side and I like that aspect of the book. The characters acted like teenagers, their personalities came across well, and there were some humorous moments while the group were trying to conceal their magic.

The writing and editing is on form though I think reducing some of the word count in the slower areas, and adding a little more action could improve the pacing. We are not left with a cliffhanger everything by the end is tied up well.

Copy supplied for review