janeanne

Jane's reviews

A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks I think this is the most beautiful story I have ever read..... Having seen the film first I knew what to expect but still cried buckets!.....The book is even more heart wrenching than the film.

Set in the 1950's when life was much simpler and minds were pure this is a tale of how a young girls faith carries her through some tough times and how her kindness and selflessness spreads throughout the community. It tells us how she falls in love and how her goodness changed the life of her boyfriend, and everyone else she came in contact with, forever.

It almost............and I only mean ALMOST!......makes me want to read the Bible!!

“Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offence and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust to hope, and to endure whatever comes”

What a beautiful passage from the Bible and fits the tone of this book perfectly, I can see why 'Sparks' included it in the book.