janeanne

Jane's reviews

City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments, Book 4)

City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare I like Cassandra’s writing style it flows well and is easy to read, and after reading the first three MI books I anticipated another fantastic read. . . . So what happened???……Every relationship in the book was full of doom and gloom, the Simon, Isabelle and Maia triangle, Magnus & Alec and yet again Jace and Clary had too many issues to allow them to get together like we all know they should!!……..Some happy bits wouldn’t hurt the story line you know, it stops the reader feeling frustrated!

The story was true to form and followed on well from the last book, leaving room for the next but it was a little slow, it took over half the book before starting to build up to the one ‘big’ fight scene and that was over way too quick. I had thought the series was just a trilogy and part of me wishes it was…….because now I’m beginning to feel like this is just another author milking her well loved characters instead of going off and finding someone new to write about. I really don’t want to read the next book and end up hating a series that had up to now been my favourite so I hope Cassandra has something ‘great’ up her sleeve for the next book.