janeanne

Jane's reviews

Viper's Creed (The Cat's Eye Chronicles)

Viper's Creed - T.L. Shreffler ARC

5 Stars

It’s one year on and Sora hasn’t seen either Crash or Burn since they rode away and left her at her mum’s house. She has been busy learning to fight and helping Lorianne heal the towns folk. When a local farmer falls ill with a fever that previously struck down his stock, Lori becomes suspicious. Her fears are confirmed when the Cat’s Eye manages to cure him and both women realise Dark Magic is responsible for the out break. Sora must now go in search of her long gone friends so they can travel with her to find the High Priestess, and hopefully rid the world of this new threat before it takes over.

The characters are so familiar to me now that it is easy to feel their every emotion…I become tense when they are tense, worried when they are worried and sad when they are sad, it is a very emotional journey and I love the fact that T.L’s writing skills can draw me in so completely. I’m enjoying watching the relationship between Sora and Crash develop, it is clear they feel a lot for each other but they are so emotionally guarded it doesn’t always go the way I want it to. We have a new character in this book, a young girl that Sora happened across while she searched for Crash and Burn. I’m still on the fence about her, can we trust her? I’m not sure yet, but Burn has happily taken her under his wing and is teaching her how to survive in this big scary world.

This is a fantastic sequel to Sora’s Quest. T.L has managed to keep the excitement building without going off on a tangent. The story is staying on track and is clearly not over yet, there is evidence of much more to come before Sora completes her quest. The setting is easy to visualise with the detail that has been included and one can’t help but become engrossed.

I did not want this book to finish and I really wish I didn’t have to wait X no. of months for the final Cat’s Eye book to come out. It is no secret that T.L.Shreffler is one of my must read authors and even though I adore her ‘Wolves of Black River’ series, The ‘Cat’s Eye’ series is even more exciting for me. This story is suitable for teenagers and adults, the violence is minimal and there are no ‘adult scenes’ for parents to be worried about…up to now anyway! This is a must read for all fans of the genre, you will not be disappointed!

Copy supplied for review.