janeanne

Jane's reviews

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel

Bared to You  - Sylvia Day Bared to you by Sylvia Day

3 Stars

I read this on recommendation because I wanted a read that I could sink my teeth into and lose myself in like I had done the ‘Fifty Shades’ trilogy by E.L James, and I was told this fits the bill! I have to say for 75% of the book this did it for me. I was really happy with the story, the characters and the fact that although similar, Bared to You, was not the same as Fifty. Gideon Cross is a powerful and rich business man, just like Christian Grey, but Eva and Ana are not the same. Eva is stronger and is reluctant to fall for Gideon for very different reasons to Ana’s hesitance with Christian.

The story fell off for me when ‘subs’ and ‘doms’ were mentioned, there really was no need for this subject to be brought up in this relationship, the book was doing quite well on it’s own without all that and it’s a shame it had to be ruined by half heartedly including the subject that the writer assume readers picked up that original book for.

Giving both characters ‘issues’ was OTT and took away the realism, it just went too far fetched and unbelievable. And Eva’s reaction to Gideon’s ‘sleep attack’ was not how she would have reacted if the situation was real. Once the reader stops seeing the characters as genuine there is no way to pull them back. That’s what happened to me and I am truly disappointed.