janeanne

Jane's reviews

Sleepy Willow's Loosed Soul (Volume 3)

The Setons (Audio) - O. Douglas, Gordon Reid Sleepy Willow’s Loosed Soul by Dicey Grenor

4.5 Stars

Willow has only one thing on her mind, to finally break loose from Max, so she needs to get herself some grooms. First though she has to free herself from the mess she is in with Dr. Dougie, and hopefully she will do it before he takes her heart. Nothing ever comes easy for Willow, and this instalment is no different except that Dicey has definitely upped the anti, there is more sex, more violence, more story, well just more …..everything!

‘Sleepy Willow’s loosed soul’ is not for the feint of heart, there are some very graphic/gruesome torture scenes as well as explicit sex scenes. The bathing incident with Vlad was one I will not forget in a hurry! Dicey’s characters are multi-dimensional and have a real feel to them (if that is possible with non human beings!!)

For an adult who is fed up of the restrictions of YA paranormal literature, the Sleepy Willow series is a breath of fresh air. Words of profanity are bountiful and absolutely anything goes. I’m sure there are some people out there who will find this work offensive but personally I enjoy the rawness of Dicey’s writing, and the adult nature gives the story that added ‘umph’.

This wasn’t quite a 5 star read for me the scene at the beginning of the book dragged out too much. It felt long winded and over written, had this been my first Sleepy book it may have put me off the read as I wasn’t immediately drawn in, but because I am a huge fan I kept reading and am glad to say that the pace did pick up after that.

As always with DG’s work the editing was spot on, the writing has great flow and the dialogue is natural. I would class this as paranormal erotica and would recommend it to all fans of the genre.

Copy supplied for review