janeanne

Jane's reviews

Ramblings in Ireland

Ramblings in Ireland - Kerry Dwyer Ramblings in Ireland by Kerry Dwyer

4 Stars

When I picked up this book I was expecting lots of information about ‘rambling’ in Ireland, from the types of flowers to species of insects that were spotted along the way. I really wasn’t expecting to feel like I was listening to a friend ‘rambling’ on about, well everything, from French cuisine to peeing on a ski slope!

Kerry Dwyer opened my eyes to more than just the scenery of Ireland. I also learned that going to the opticians in France is not the same as in the UK, that the French are very much ‘food snobs’ and there was also quite an informative part about Kerry’s job. My own daughter, Kendal, has just gained her TEFL certificate and hopes to go abroad in the next year or so to do the exact same job as Kerry, so her insights on the subject made for quite an interesting read for me.

I have never had the urge to visit Ireland, or France for that matter, and reading this book hasn’t changed my mind on that, but I did find it to be a great read. Kerry is a gifted story teller putting interest and humour into every day situations and I enjoyed the journey.

Copy supplied for review