janeanne

Jane's reviews

Hot Flashes and Half Ironmans: Middle-Aged Endurance Athletics Meets the Hormonally Challenged

Hot Flashes And Half Ironmans - Pamela Fagan Hutchins This factual book covering Pam’s struggle through perimenopause and training is a humorous, yet serious account spanning a few of years of her life. She goes into great detail of the physical and emotional stresses she suffered while along side her husband they both trained for some very adventurous competitions! Included were sections filled with information from dietary advice to aid perimenopause symptoms, to bike maintenance!

While I did get the feeling Pam was quite OCD, she was also very inspirational. Just because you are over forty and your body is starting to fall to bits that’s no reason to sit down and give up. You’re not dead until you’re dead so get out there and run, swim, cycle or do what ever else you want to do…….. which in my case is sit down and read while eating a packet of biscuits, but each to their own!

This is a well written, well edited book, with the odd photo (that I couldn’t see too great on my kindle) and lots of helpful links. It is a light hearted and entertaining read, one I think I enjoyed even more because I read it during the London Olympics!

Copy supplied for review