janeanne

Beyond Evidence

Beyond Evidence - Emma L. Clapperton
Beyond Evidence by Emma L Clapperton

4 Stars

Beyond Evidence is the story of a psychic who helps the police. The set up put me in mind of a Scottish ‘Patrick Jane’ from the TV show ‘The Mentalist’, and I can see this book series becoming as popular as that show. It was an interesting and complicated plot that grabbed my attention and kept me hooked to the end. Following both the murderer and the psychic gave us a good insight into their personalities and there was an interesting twist at the end that I hadn’t seen coming.

There were a few silly typo’s that were missed in the editing stage, for example ‘women’ instead of ‘woman’ and ‘calm a manner’ instead of ‘a calm manner’ to name a couple. These did not distract me from the story but are a niggle of mine and I do deduct on my rating if I spot more than six of these types of slip-ups.

I look forward to reading more work by this author. She has the ability to build suspense and tension and weave a complex plot but give enough detail to not confuse the reader. She is definitely on my ‘authors to watch’list.

Copy supplied for honest review