janeanne

Jane's reviews

Shannon is left fearing for her life after Vikings invade her village, drag her away and throw her on a boat. Once they land in Dublin Shannon finds herself capturing the eye of Gunner Ravenshield, a good looking muscled warrior who decides to keep Shannon for his own. Determined not to give herself over to ‘a Viking’ she does everything possible to dislike him, but as time goes by she finds it harder and harder not to warm to him, with body and heart.

Conquered Shores is a love story filled with Vikings and slaves, lust and jealousy. It is a compelling read with an easy flow and pulled me in from the start. Shannon was not you’re A-typical leading lady, she is high spirited and willing to stand up for herself whatever the cost. Her ‘take no crap’ attitude gives her character depth. Gunner is quite typical in the hero role, but no less interesting. He sees that Shannon is special from the moment he lays eyes on her, and knows it is their destiny to be together.

The story moves along at a steady pace with a mixture of good times and angst to keep the reader engaged. I really liked this story and hate to take stars away but there were quite a few typo’s and mixed tenses within the script, they are not distracting but they are there and that is the only reason I give it 4 instead of 5 stars.

Copy supplied for review