janeanne

Jane's reviews

The Fab Life (The Kihanna Saga, #1) - Mercy Amare 4 Stars

At 17 Kihanna’s life is turned upside down when she discovers the father who she thought was a dead beat, and didn’t want anything to do with her, is actually a famous billionaire and had no idea until two weeks ago that she even existed. Between them her parents decide she should move across the country and live with her Dad so they can get to know each other and build a relationship, so reluctantly she packs all her things and makes the journey to his house. This new world is nothing like she is used to, money talks, people are judged by the clothes on their back rather than their personality traits and it takes a lot of getting used to while she tries hard to fit in.

The Fab Life is a coming of age drama. It follows Kihanna through some of the most challenging times in her young life. We watch as she struggles to learn who she can and can’t trust, and which boys want her for her, and which want her just for her body. The characters are well rounded and believable, though I do have some unanswered questions about Toby and the reasons behind his behaviour.

I was quickly drawn into Kihanna’s life and was disappointed when I had to stop reading to sleep or cook. There was something about the story that I found compelling and didn’t want to put it down until I’d reached the end! The last 10% (I read the kindle version) had a twist that I didn’t foresee and I was shocked to say the least at the turn of events, and though there were other sides to the plot that were predictable, overall I still found it an interesting read.

I hadn’t realised until I got to the end of the book and saw that Kihanna’s story didn’t end, that this is the first in a series and I now eagerly await the next book to hopefully bring some answers to the drama that began unfolding during this instalment.

Copy supplied for review